Car rental is easy!
Handing over the car to the customer is the cornerstone of the relationship between car rentals and their customers.
In this article, we will look at how to rent a car correctly and competently and not pay for the mistakes made.
We accept a car from a car rental.
The terms of the car rental agreement provide for responsibility for the physical condition of the car during its operation. This moment comes after the signing of the vehicle acceptance certificate.
At this stage, you are more interested in accepting the car with high quality, to note all the shortcomings. In the act of acceptance of the transfer there is a diagram of the car, which indicates the damage that occurred during the transfer of the car.
- Select the starting element for inspection (for example: driver’s door).
- Inspect the vehicle in sequence, element by element. Do not look in all directions, but at one element.
- Check the found damage with the act, add new ones.
- Check your headlights and lights.
- Check all the glasses.
- Check the trunk, there should be: a driver’s kit, a tool with a jack, a spare tire (inflated).
- TAKE A PHOTO AND (!!) A VIDEO.
The taken photos will come in handy when returning the car back if you missed something. It is advisable to take general photographs of the vehicle from four sides. And a photo of the windshield.
How damage is accounted for.
Damage of a natural type, such as small chips along the body, in particular on the hood and rear fenders, scuffs behind the door opening handles and others that appear during the natural operation of the car, are not noted, but if the client wishes, this can be done.
All glass in the car – headlights, lights, windshield and rear glass, mirrors, side windows MUST RETURN WITHOUT CHIPS . Because after chipping with subsequent trips, a crack may appear. It is not a white point that is considered to be a chip, but a “breaking” of glass.
Internal damage to vehicle parts without physical intervention by the customer – normal wear and tear of vehicles. You don’t need to look under the hood, keep an eye on oil, and so on.
Car rental only looks at external damage to the body. In rare cases, car breakdowns are assessed – whether there was a hidden impact.
We rent a car for a car rental.
Now the interested party is the car pick-up officer. After all, if he misses a new damage, he will pay for this damage.
The most dangerous thing for the client at this stage is the damage to the car not noted in the report. Most often this happens due to the carelessness and haste of BOTH PARTIES. They missed something during the examination, and when they returned, they saw – not a rare situation.
TAKE A PHOTO and returning the car will be easy. Even if the damage is not noted in the act, the car rental does not pursue the goal of keeping money in any way. This means that if the rental employee understands from your photos that there was damage, he will not withhold the deposit.
But it is obligatory to note the damage in the act.
What if the car is damaged?
There are three ways out of this situation:
- Continue renting a car and repair it at your own expense, and then return it in the same condition as you took it. The quality of the repair in this case must be appropriate.
- Agree on payment for repairs with a car rental employee. It means: the employee calls the store, asks for the cost of the part, calls the rem. zone, asks the cost of the repair. Then he adds up and tells you the price.
- If a common language is not found, an independent expert is hired, you receive an invitation for an inspection, after which repairs are paid according to the expert’s report, as well as the expert’s work and all the associated costs.